The Kannad SafePro AIS is the world’s first EPIRB to include 406MHz, 121.5MHz, AIS and also GNSS (better known as GPS) to accelerate search and rescue. In addition the unique power of these award winning beacons is in the flexibility and additional tracking capabilities long demanded by maritime customers. This will further reduce rescue times by combining the global location power of 406MHz with the localized rescue capacities of AIS, first introduced to the world in Kannad’s AIS MOB range.
Life Saving Innovation
- The world’s first EPIRB to include localised alert and recovery via AIS
- Unique location detection with the world’s first EPIRB to combine the GNSS coverage of GPS and also the precision location of Galileo
- Moreover, combining the benefits of multiple life saving products in one beacon
- Kannad SafePro are MEOSAR Compatible for faster Alert Detection
- SafePro AIS is combines the global Alerting capability of the Cospas Sarsat 406 MHz frequency with the localized recovery power of AIS
- EPIRB has four search and rescue frequencies (406MHz, 121.5MHz, AIS and GNSS) to support accelerated rescue
- SafePro have multiple GNSS receivers including GPS & Galileo, offering greater global coverage and faster more accurate location detection
- Multi GNSS
SafeBase – Strong impact resistant base to limit damage to EPIRB if dropped.
SafeLight – 3 Powerful 360 degree strobe lights.
SafeChange – Easy to replace battery back. No need to remove electronic head. All is done through the base of the EPIRB.
SafeSwitch – Helps prevent accidental activation by covering the power button.
SafeCarry – Concealed hands free emergency carry strap meeting US 2016 mandate.
SafeTransfer – Safety Bracket for transporting the EPIRB without the risk of accidental activation.
- Built in AIS
- Multi GNSS including Galileo
- Accidental activation protection
- Rugged construction optimised for commercial environments
- Hands free carry strap
- 360-degree strobe
- Comes with safety bracket
- 10-year battery life
- Sealed Electronic and also Battery Unit
- Manual/Auto release options
- Subscription Free
- Multiple self tests 120 short tests for system check and 20 Long tests which include testing of the GNSS receivers
- Alerts global Search & Rescue professionals via Cospas Sarsat 406 MHz frequency
- Locates to within 3-5km
- Uses 121.5 frequency to home into EPIRB location
- Water Activation
- Multiple false activation protection measures
- Compliance with the new United States emergency hands free transport mandate
- Optimised for MEOSAR Enhanced detection capability for accelerated rescue
- VHF homer 121.5MHz swept tone
- 406 frequency International rescue frequency